Monday, January 26, 2009

Announcing Sagan Nathaniel Davis!



We are so proud to announce the birth of our son Sagan Nathaniel Davis.


He is perfect in every way. He weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz, 19.5 inches long and arrived promptly at 8:20 AM on Thursday morning the 22nd of January.

We had no complications other than just a little left over fluid in his lungs after birth. It's not too uncommon amongst c-section babies and they just had to keep him in the nursery for about an hour before we got to see him. I made it through the c-section easily and was able to have a nice conversation with the anesthesiologist and my obstetrician while they were putting me back together. I was fully aware this time and it was actually a very interesting surgery instead of a big scary event.

Sagan is a great little guy. He is doing very well and has taken to nursing like a pro. He is sleeping for about 3 hours at a time during the night and wakes up just long enough to have a quick snack then back to sleep again. I'm sure it will change, but I'm tickled he is doing so well as I recover from the surgery.



Maya loves her little brother so much already. She comes over to him and give him lots of love pats. She's very gentel and doesn't show any bit of jealousy at all. I'm so happy!



Thank you for all of your well wishes and congratulations for our new arrival. We came home on Saturday afternoon and settled in easily. We are all so happy and enjoying our time together!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the hospital to meet your new little man. I was at home recouping from a sinus infection. I'm so thankful everything went well for you guys and all is enjoying at home. Can't wait to see more pics!!

    Oh yea, I LOVE his little name!!

    Apryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS! Look at him! Those cheeks! I could just eat 'em up! How's big sister? How's momma?
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad everything went well. I'm all about the C-Section. It really was for me quick and relatively painless. So glad everyone is doing well. He looks like a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy!! Congrats you two. Can't wait to see him. Lotsa hugs...

    ReplyDelete