Friday, January 16, 2009

Waking up

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to....cry if I want to....cry if I want to.

I was just bragging to my mom last night about how well Maya was sleeping. Big Mistake! At 4 am she wakes up screaming bloody murder. We run across the house to her and check all the vitals. Diaper - OK. Legs & arms - still attached. No boogie men in the room, so we can only assume she just woke up for no reason. Both of us were so groggy from sleep that he hauled her in our room and threw her in bed with me.

I struggled with her for about 2 hours until 6:45 - she just about falls asleep then starts flailing around. Ugh! Nothing like getting smacked in the face by a toddler at 5 in the morning.

I thought she was out so I gently carried her back to her bed laid her down and quietly shut the door. By the time I got back to my bed she was in full wail again. Nice. We both ran to her again racking our brains trying to figure out what to do. John thought it might be teething so we gave her some Tylenol. I thought maybe some milk would do the trick.

I was at my wits end....tearing up due to being overly tired & slightly hormonal. I hadn't slept well in a week because of my big baby belly. I just wanted to go back to bed!!!

Would you believe after being up half the night as soon as I put her down with me the second time that kid passed out like a little angel. Why couldn't she have done this 3 hours before? (sigh)

Guess that's why they say parenthood is the worlds toughest job. You never know what's going to be expected of you and how you will handle the challenge.

Anyway, I got to sleep in and when it was finally time to get up I had a precious little girl waking me up with sweet birthday greetings. Or at least I think that's what she said.....in Chinese or Korean or Russian - her English isn't so good just yet. But, I'm sure that is what she was saying!!!

She can be the most frustrating person I know, but I've never loved anything like I love her!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you get a long nap this afternoon - ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete